1. Born on May 11, 1993 to an Australian father and a Filipino mother, in Sydney, Australia, Robert James Marquinez Reid known as James Reid is an actor, singer and songwriter.
2. His whole career in the entertainment industry began when he won as the Big Winner of Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash Edition in 2010.
3. Back in Australia, he was also a gymnast and a swimmer, proving how athletic and talented he is.
4. Following his successful stint with ‘Pinoy Big Brother,’ James released his debut EP, ‘We Are Whatever,’ in 2011. The EP was created in collaboration with Bret Jackson. He launched his self-titled debut album in 2013, James then released his sophomore album, ‘Reid Alert,’ in 2015, followed by his last album to date, ‘Palm Dreams,’ in 2017.
5. In 2011, he made his film debut with the short film ‘On Thin Ice.’ and his feature film debut with the 2014 film ‘Diary ng Panget.’
6. James Reid started his own music label, Careless Music Manila. The label was born from James' passion for music.
7. He's in a 2-year relationship with his on-screen partner, actress-singer Nadine Lustre.
8. Reid is an avid listener of R&B music, he cites Chris Brown as an early influence for him.
9. When he was back to Philippines, he enrolled in Makati Science High School. So his dad decided to enroll him in Karabar High School Distance Education Centre, in Australia.
10. In 2014, he got nominated in FAMAS Award for the first time in his life. He was also honored with this award that year for German Moreno Youth Achievement Award.
Stream 'Careless Mixtape' below.
SHARE THIS STORY
03 : 47PM Monday 19 November 2018
Find everything you need to know about Wave89.1; From our DJs, shows music, news and entertainment and more
Subscribe to our newsletter and be part of our future contest